On behalf of our client, a reputed Company in the Energy sector, we are seeking a passionate and experienced Project Manager to join their Cyprus Team.
• Oversee the entire construction of a Solar Park process, from the preliminary project phase through to handover to the Operations and Maintenance team, while ensuring timely completion within budget constraints.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive construction plan, including construction planning, monitoring of schedules and costs, and reporting in accordance with the company’s contractual requirements. Continuously monitor construction site progress against project program requirements.
• Conduct technical evaluations of vendor proposals related to construction schedules, costs, and methods, and coordinate contracts for the supply of materials, services, and works, such as project management service contracts, EPC contracts, and main equipment supply contracts.
• Coordinate to verify the project’s technical documentation, including electrical and mechanical calculations, technical specifications, construction plans, and start-up procedures.
• Monitor and update all necessary construction permits, authorizations, and licenses, as well as manage all aspects of construction works, such as deadlines, costs, quality, tests, and guarantees, with a particular focus on identifying critical activities and risks and implementing related mitigation actions.
• Conduct site visits, construction plan reviews, manage sub-contractors and suppliers, and ensure compliance with Health & Safety and quality standards defined at the design stage.
• Regularly inspect construction and commissioning works and promptly notify the contractor of any deviations from the EPC contract.
• Manage construction site supervisors and representatives, promote the application of best practices and benchmarks, collect and disseminate lessons learned, and participate and/or support the company in emergency response preparation, exercises, and real emergency response scenarios, as required.
Skills & Qualifications
• Degree in Engineering. A postgraduate qualification in a relevant area of expertise (e.g. Business administration, project management) would be advantageous
• Min. 5-7 years relevant experience
• Capable of supervisory capacity for planning, organizing, communicating and personnel management skills
• Previous experience in the engineering section of a construction company is essential. Renewable Energy experience is strongly recommended
• Very good command of English language
• Competitive salary and benefits package: Company car, mobile, laptop, housing, 2 tickets to Greece per year.
• Private medical insurance
• Private pension plan
• Friendly working environment