On behalf of our Client of a well-known Group, specialized in the provision of luxury Hospitality and Entertainment services, we are looking for a Technical Director based in Athens.
Responsible for property operation, utilities management and capital investment projects for the Group as directed by the managing director. This position requires consistent adherence to department policies/procedures.
- Direct and supervise all Repair and Maintenance activities, including but not limited to building envelop, grounds, common areas, F&B outlets, kitchen, guest rooms, beach, and back of the facilities.
- Capital Investments Projects Management duties and Cost Control for any project such as room renovations and additions or modifications to existing assets among others.
- Interact with consultants on different fields related to Capital Investment Projects.
- Interact with local officials on permits process and inspections compliance.
- Prepare Bidding Documents and subsequent Capital Investment Budgets.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for Engineering department including all salaries and benefits, operating expenses, capital needs and relevant P&L-reports.
- Establish and maintain a complete preventive maintenance program for Guest
- Rooms and equipment, including program incorporation into the facilities management software package tracking the work order system and scheduled maintenance needs.
- Follow purchasing procedures for all inventory needs and maintain the required physical inventory pursuant to the maintenance program and an allowance for unanticipated emergencies.
- Perform any other duties as required by Management and/or Ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a similar environment.
- Strong technical knowledge in areas such as HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing, and general building maintenance.
- Speak, read, write and understand English in a business manner.
- Provide legible communication and directions, while remain adept to multitasking.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Think clearly, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Work cohesively with co-workers and sub-contractors as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent leadership, strategic planning, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in the hospitality industry is preferred.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package.
- Company car + fuel expenses.
- Work in innovative projects with inspiring, ambitious, and supportive people with diverse academic backgrounds and extensive skills.
- Wellness incentive programs to help you stay healthy physically and mentally.
- Free meals in our Employee Dining Room.
- Free parking onsite.
- Wellness benefits.
- Time off benefits.
- Companywide discounts on hotel, entertainment, shopping, and food & beverage.
- Access to personal and professional development initiatives, networking opportunities, and community volunteer programs.