On behalf of our client, a major producer of food products, we are seeking for an Accountant to ensure the proper performance of all accounting operations, as per established corporate policies and processes, providing improvement proposals where required.
Accountant responsibilities include keeping financial records updated and preparing reports for the Operations Manager, Sales Team and their external financial consultants. Ultimately, you will help their accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
A successful accountant should be familiar with all accounting procedures, Greek tax and employment Laws and have a flair for numbers. If you have an accounting or financial degree and solid experience in accounting systems and processes, we would like to meet you.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Ensure the proper performance of all accounting operations, as per established corporate policies and processes, providing improvement proposals where required.
- Coordinates financial statement preparations and consolidation along with respective month-end close processes.
- Monitor all accounting systems, controls and processes for the company and its subsidiaries, including design, optimization, operation and issue resolution.
- Reviews and assesses accounting reports and operations and recommends appropriate actions.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Ensure compliance with all tax, reporting and regulatory requirements as are set by the law from time to time and provides advice on tax treatment where necessary.
- Assist and support to Sales, Operation and HR department
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Act as liaison with external consultants & auditors and ensure smooth completion of the audits
Skills & Qualifications
- Bsc. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or another related field.
- Proven experience in accounting roles (5 years).
- Sound knowledge on Accounting/IFRS/Audit and other relevant standards.
- Excellent knowledge on Greek Tax and Employment Laws.
- Hand-on experience with MS Excel & ERPs (e.g., SOFT1).
- Accuracy & attention to detail.
- Well-organized and Self-direct.
- A Class signatory rights.
- Experience with SOFT1 will be considered a plus.
The Company offers:
- Salary 850€ – 1000 € NET (Based on experience).
- Opportunities to grow within a friendly, challenging, and inspiring work environment.
- Collaborative culture.